This policy will ensure there is a fair and transparent process covering a range of student refund requests including:
- Student withdrawal from programme prior to and after enrolment
- Visa Application decline
- Cancellation of the programme by NCBT
- Insolvency, regulatory closure or Accreditation withdrawal by NZQA
- Student Termination
- Course Commencement is the first day on which NCBT requires the student to attend
: The first day of the course is shown on the student’s Offer of Place. For students new to NCBT, it is the first day of the Orientation Program, which is compulsory for these students. For all other students, it is the first day of classes. If, for any reason, a student is unable to start their course on the first day (ie: delay in visa), they must notify NCBT, and request a deferred starting date, which will be confirmed in writing. In the absence of such a request, or in cases where the request is declined, NCBT will be entitled to assume the student accepts the course start date originally proposed.
- Course cancellation can occur when NCBT determines there is insufficient demand, unavailability of suitable staff or facilities or any other reason. NCBT reserves the right to cancel any course due to any of the reasons stated.
Refunds of fees in the case of withdrawal from NCBT courses are detailed below.
Fee Refund and Withdrawal Conditions
||Withdrawal of student within the first 10 working days of course commencement
||Full refund less up to 25% of the payment
||Visa application declined by INZ*
||Full refund less 10% of the payment or $500
||Cancellation by the provider of a course before or during the course**
||Full refund less 10% of the payment or $500.
||Insolvency, regulatory closure or withdrawal of accreditation of NCBT
||Withdrawal and refunds from courses after ten days of course commencement
||Fees will not be credited to later courses or refunded to students after this time
||Currency fluctuations between enrolment
||All fees received and refunded in New Zealand dollars
||Termination of enrolment by NCBT
Students who withdraw before the program commences will also be subject to the above criteria. They will be entitled to a refund less any amounts allowed to be retained as above. Fee refund will be processed within five working days on receipt of the filled-in form request.
* If the student visa application is declined after the student enrolls in a program, when on an interim visa, the condition of withdrawal of student within the first 10 working days of the course commencement, would apply.
**Course Cancellation: NCBT reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient demand, unavailability of suitable staff or facilities or any other reason.